When traveling Australia, using a flight can be quite expensive especially if you use the major flight companies or travel at certain times of the day. However, there are tactics that you can adapt to ensure that you spend less on your flights and still get to your destination on time and some of them are listed below:
- Book in advance: If you are able to book your flight in advance, you will stand a better chance of paying lower than the person who will try looking for a seat at the last minute. Most flights allow advance bookings that do not exceed 12 months which will be a great way to save on your flight.
- Choose your flight days appropriately: Whenever you plan to travel Australia by flight, it is important to note that traveling on Friday afternoon, Sunday night or on Monday morning can be very expensive. This is because the flights are usually booked by the business class who are either returning home after a business meeting or rushing to one. These people do not mind how much they will be charged as long as they get to their destination on time.
- Subscribe to sale emails: You can also choose to sign up to be receiving promotional emails from major airlines where you will be able to receive updates whenever there is an offer on fares. This will enable you to take advantage of the offers and get a good bargain.
- Pay for your luggage in advance: If you must carry some luggage, it will be cheaper and more convenient to pay for it in advance instead of waiting until you get to the airport. However, you should travel with hand luggage only if it is possible to avoid incurring extra expenditures.
- Pay via the cheapest paying method: Most of the times, booking your flight online will be cheaper than using call centers or a travel agent as these people will add their fees to the flight charges. The use of a credit card can also be expensive especially when you have to pay the transaction fee;
- Choose the right time of the day for your flight: if you fly between 0630 and 0930 or between 1600 and 1900, you will pay the highest price for your flight. If it is possible, book your flight beyond those hours so that you can save more.
- Consider the extra cost: there are times of the day when there is a bus that ferries people from the airport and this will help to save on the high cost you would have paid if you hired a cab. If it is possible, ensure that you book your flights such that you will not have to use a cab.
- Use comparison sites: there are comparison sites that will allow you to compare the charges for different airlines for a specific route. Once you get to know the cheapest, do not use the site to book your flight as it will be quite expensive as well. Book your ticket directly once you have identified the airline you will be using for your air travel.
As you can see, you do not have to pay too much for your flight if you will use some of these strategies. You can get the best and still pay less if you do not rush at the last minute unless it is an emergency.